Friday 14 October 2011

Wrong choice?

I'm on my way home from the Commencement, wondering what I got my self into.

Before I finished my Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, I had seen where to go next. Take a specialty, Psychiatric Nursing a.k.a. Mental Health Nursing. But one day when I woke up, I'm already enrolled in Dental Nursing. I might have mistaken the "M" as "D". I feel a tiny pang of regret now.

I took the course because I needed proofs of UK activities when I applied for my permanent residency. I thought it was better because the training would be paid. Learning while earning, as they say. Besides, it's just a year diploma course. After that, if I pass the Board Exam, then I'll be a GDC (General Dental Council) Registered Dental Nurse. All in the matter of sixteen months. Great, isn't it?

However, tonight, I realized I made a mistake. That sixteen months is long to waste on something I never wanted to do. But if I withdraw from this course then what I'll do next? Take Psychiatric Nursing? It's now the second week of October and most universities and colleges had already started their class since last month. I don't want to waste my mum's hard earned money. Most of all, I don't want to be a quitter.

I'm here already and there's no turning back. I just wish for now that I would soon learn how to love what I'm doing.

With Love,
Ariane

No comments:

Post a Comment