Saturday 4 February 2012

My First Snow

Aside from the light hail last December, this is my first proper snowing, as what a friend calls it.

snow from my window
For someone who were born in any of the 60 countries with a winter season, you might say, 'Yes, it's snowing, so what?'

But coming from a tropical country with only wet and dtry seasons, I had always dream of a white Christmas. Making a snowman, throwing snowballs and sledding/skiing with family and friends would surely be fun.

It is my fourth time now in London but I had never experienced any snowing for the first three visits.All during summer and autumn seasons. But late this night when I was about to close the window, here is what I saw: light dusting of snow on the ground and roofs!

I wanted to rush downstairs and greet the first snowfall of the winter season with open mouth to catch flakes on my tongue. It is a dream come true, indeed.

With Love,
Ariane

No comments:

Post a Comment